The decision has been taken to revert to the regular club rides from Sunday 27th March meeting at the Market Place at 8.30, as likely take-up of the 13 Hills route on Mothers Day is expected to be minimal.
We can reschedule the 13 Hills to a later date if sufficient interest.
See revised schedule below. Good forecast so far Sunday 18th March, have modified the routes, see link below, to take advantage of the Easterly
Don’t forget 8.30 start
GPX routes and a map can be downloaded via the link below
|Date||Distance Miles||Route No||Route Description – Direction||1st Group start time|
|Sun 9th Jan||Cancelled due to ice|
|Sun 16th Jan||40 / 27||9||Undulating – Waltham / Langar||9.30|
|Sun 23rd Jan||41 / 32||10||Undulating – Whissendine||9.30|
|Sun 30th Jan||40 / 30||14||Hilly – Long Clawson||9.00|
|Sun 6th Feb||45 / 37||2||Undulating – Colston Basset||9.00|
|Sun 13th Feb||Cancelled due to wind and rain|
|Sun 20th Feb||Cancelled due to wind and rain|
|Sun 27th Feb||50 / 34||3||Undulating – Castle Bytham||9.00|
|Sun 6th Mar||57 / 41||06||Undulating – Helpringham / Grimsthorpe||9.00|
|Sun 13th Mar||55 /42||7||Hilly – Around Melton||8.30|
|Sun 20th Mar||60||01||Waddington||8.30|
|Sun 27th Mar||Club Ride meet Grantham Market Place||8.30|
As promised find attached some information for this years Reliability ride series, hopefully this makes sense, we can always modify subject to weather conditions, etc but this Sunday looks good at the moment, fingers crossed!
I’m still having problems generating a good map for the first weeks updated route, will hopefully resolve soon, but the Strava route is OK and I know you are all upto speed with uploading routes to your Garmins.
There will be 4 groups, which will be expected to ride together, keeping to an average speed in the range
Group 1 Shorter route 10+ mph
Group 2 14 to 16 mph
Group 3 16.1 to 18 mph
Group 4 19+
- Riders should be realistic about their capabilities and sign on for the group appropriate to their ability.
- Will each rider also sign back in after each ride, so that we know you are safe,
- Club donation £3 per ride, or £25 for the series. Non-members first ride – no charge.
- Please ensure your bike is in good working order and take food, waterproof clothing and spare inner tube etc.
- A map of each weeks route can be downloaded from the club web site ‘Cycling’ menu.
- Refreshments will be available at the HQ after the ride for all riders.
- See club Facebook Page or WhatsApp group for updates in the event of bad weather.
- For further details and updates see the club website at www.withamwheelers.co.uk or tel. Simon Cocker 07806 805148
Also to help improve communication within the club when organising rides etc. we have a WhatsApp group that we would invite you to join. To avoid any issues with Data Protection etc. please let me know your mobile number and I will arrange for you to be added.
Note this will be an open forum to all club members so please post only relevant messages and avoid using between 23.00 to 07.00 hrs so that people who need to leave their phone on, do not get hit with messages in the middle of the night!
Any questions please let me know
all the best and hope to see you on Sunday.