Club Time Trial
CTT has now confirmed Club Time Trials can resume after 12th July, following their Covid 19 guidelines
Please read the following guidelines to avoid any disappointment on the evening.
- We will run seven (7) events starting on Tuesday 14th July and finishing on Tuesday 25th August.
- Pre-registration will close 10.00pm Sunday evening 12th July. – No entries will be accepted on the night.
- Riders to commit up-front to all events they intend to ride.
- Cost £4 seniors and £2 (under 18s) per event. One Payment in advance for all events you intend to ride, to eliminate any handling of money. Club bank account details 30-93-58 Account No. 1834 1768
- Witham Wheelers club members please confirm to Simon the dates you intend to ride.
- Non-Club members please complete a CTT entry form and email to Simon with the dates you intend to ride, so that we have your address, contact no. etc to meet Covid guidelines
- Start list will be emailed 24hrs before the first event with their start time and riders are encouraged to not arrive too early or to hang around once race is finished. Also riders are encouraged to ride to start.
- Riders will be given the same number for all events, which they will keep and be responsible for until the end of the series
- We are working with the cricket club on Gorse Lane to have access to the car park from 6.00pm onwards but not the changing rooms or toilets etc. This will give us access to the container for signage and avoid any issues with parking on verges and giving the public any concern over groups meeting up.
- First rider to start at 6.45 – No pusher-off, so standing start for all riders
- Riders must have a working rear light. You will not be permitted to ride without one
- Riders should maintain social distancing before and after the event and avoid congregating in large groups.
- Newcomers to time trialling are welcome on whatever bike they have. Remember, for the top racers they are trying to win, for the rest of us, we are just trying to beat the clock (our last attempt on the course). You don’t need a time trial bike or all the gear. Just a working bike (and working rear light) and a helmet.
- There will be no results at start/finish line, they will be published on-line and participants emailed
Simon Cocker (mob 07806 805148) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Details for any not familiar with it.
The advice from British cycling is currently to limit group rides to a maximum of 6 riders and to maintain social distancing. Realistically this still rules out the usual Sunday club run, so riders should continue organising their own small group rides.
Go-Ride Coaching Sessions:
The club coaches are currently working to obtain a suitable venue so that these can recommence as soon as possible, under the current British Cycling guidelines.
Currently the Linc’s League is still hoping that there will be some racing this winter, it’s a case of watch this space.
LRRA 30 mile Open TT:
We have decided that we will not be running the event scheduled for 6th September, there are currently too many unknowns as to how an event with 50 riders would operate, for it to be an enjoyable organisational experience.
Still no idea of whether there is likely to be any Road Racing this season, organised by either British Cycling or Velo 99.
So get out and enjoy the chance to explore those roads that you’ve never been down before and get the Eurosport subscription upto date, for all the racing that will be televised shortly.
Simon (mob 07806 805148) or email@example.com
PS Please, if you are interested in riding or need any further clarification regarding the Club 10’s let me know, otherwise they will not happen.