A series of cycle rides open to members and non-members, as a healthy start to your year!
Printable List reliability-rides-2017
Start and Finish from Grantham Cricket Club on Gorse Lane NG32 1AP.
As well as the routes below, each week there will be a shorter route for less ambitious riders, which will aim to average 10+ mph.
|Route Description – Direction||1st Group start time|
|Sun 8th Jan||32 Miles||9||Undulating – Waltham / Harby||9.30|
|Sun 15th Jan||41 Miles||10||Undulating – Whissendine||9.30|
|Sun 22nd Jan||39 Miles||14||Hilly – Long Clawson||9.00|
|Sun 29th Jan||45 Miles||2||Undulating – Colston Basset||9.00|
|Sun 5th Feb||48 Miles||3||Undulating – Castle Bytham||9.00|
|Sun 12th Feb||47 Miles||11||Hilly – Cottesmore||9.00|
|Sun 19th Feb||63 Miles||6||Undulating – Heckington / Bourne||8.45|
|Sun 26th Feb||62 Miles||7||Hilly – Tilton on the Hill||8.30|
|Sun 5th Mar||69 Miles||13||Undulating – Colston Basset/Bytham||8.30|
|Sun 12th Mar||61 Miles||4||Hilly – Rutland Water||8.30|
|Sun 19th Mar||59 Miles||17||13 Hills – Vale of Belvoir||8.30|
There will be 5 groups, which will be expected to ride together, keeping to an average speed in the range of
Group 1 Shorter route 10+ mph
Group 2 14 to 15 mph
Group 3 16 to 17 mph
Group 4 18 to 19 mph
Group 5 20+
- Riders should be realistic about their capabilities and sign on for the group appropriate to their ability.
- Will each rider also sign back in after each ride, so that we know you are safe, in case you cannot get back to the HQ , contact Janet East (mob. 07906 343 318)
- Entry Fee £3 per ride.
- Please ensure your bike is in good working order and take food, waterproof clothing and spare inner tube etc.
- A map of each weeks route can be downloaded from the club web site ‘Cycling’ menu.
- A full report, times and photos, when available, will also be posted on the web site after each ride.
- Free Refreshments will be available at the HQ before and after the rides to all riders and officials.
- See club website ‘Discussion Forum’ for updates in the event of bad weather.
- For further details and updates see the club website at www.withamwheelers.co.uk or tel. Simon Cocker 01476 570992